Commercial & corporate
Our commercial and corporate department is headed by Peter Lloyd, Sue Brighton and Mordecai Mahlangu.
We offer advice, guidance and legal services in the following areas:
- Investment and exchange control issues generally, but with specific reference to foreign direct investment
- Legal due diligence work generally, and with reference to proposed acquisitions in particular
- Advice in relation to Zimbabwe’s indigenisation laws and policy
- Guidance in relation to the various legal regimes applicable to particular fields of business activity in Zimbabwe, with particular reference to mining, banking, insurance and manufacturing
- Zimbabwe’s competition law
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructurings
- Advice in relation to Zimbabwe’s environmental laws
- Compliance with Zimbabwe's Companies Act and subsidiary legislation
- Compliance with the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange Listing Requirements
- Drafting of all necessary commercial contracts
- Tax advice.