Our intellectual property department is headed by Nancy Samuriwo, an experienced intellectual property practitioner. Nancy is currently chairperson of the ARIPO Working Group for the upgrading of the operation of the Banjul Protocol.
Our IP department:
- Advises clients as to the general protection of intellectual property rights
- Attends to the registration and renewal of trademarks and other registrable IP rights
- Advises on possible infringements of IP rights
- Prosecutes infringement litigation
- Collaborates with a variety of international IP practitioners in relation to the registration of IP rights regionally and internationally
- Maintains a close relationship with the African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO) which maintains an office in Harare and concerns itself with regional registrations and enforcement of IP rights.