Litigation & arbitration
Our litigation and arbitration department is headed by Kay Ncube and Raymond Moyo.
We service all areas of civil dispute resolution that our corporate or private clients may need assistance with. We regularly appear in local courts as well as in arbitration tribunals. Peter Lloyd and Mordecai Mahlangu also act as party appointed arbitrators in a wide variety of commercial disputes.
We advise on:
- All manner of civil litigation arising from commercial transactions of every kind
- Debt collection work on behalf of commercial clients
- Applications for liquidation and judicial management, acting both on behalf of creditors and on behalf of the corporate entity itself
- Advice in relation to schemes of arrangement with creditors, drafting scheme documents, the necessary applications to court, and generally managing the process
- Settlement negotiations, mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.