Our mining department is headed by Raymond Moyo, Peter Lloyd and Dudu Ndawana.
We assist clients with respect to:
- The Mines and Minerals Act, and subsidiary legislation made in terms of that Act
- The law relating to prospecting and pegging
- The different categories of mining rights which can be acquired, with particular reference to the resources involved
- Factors which may result in the loss of mining rights
- The relationship between miners and the holders of land title
- Investment issues particularly pertinent to the mining sector
- Health and safety and environmental issues relevant to the sector.