Zandile is an associate at Gill, Godlonton and Gerrans Legal Practitioners. She joined the firm in August 2021. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree and a Master of Laws (LLM-Taxation) from the University of KwaZulu-Natal. She recently completed a PhD in Commercial Law (specializing in tax law) at the University of Cape Town.
Zandile was admitted as a legal practitioner in July 2019 and thereafter commenced her career in practice as an intern and then junior associate at another leading law firm in Harare. She works in the litigation and commercial departments at Gill, Godlonton and Gerrans. In the Commercial Department, Zandile has worked on several tax matters in the mining and agricultural industries, as well as data privacy protection advice for foreign entities in the United States of America, China and South Africa.
Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Zimbabwe
- Work a top four accounting firm to advise a legal entity on the tax implications of the seismic operations it sought to carry out in Zimbabwe
- Drafting court process and litigating matters in the Special Court of Income Tax and the Fiscal Appeal Court on withholding tax, non-resident tax on fees, income-splitting, VAT refunds
- Providing advice on the tax implications of transfer of mining claims
- Advice on Double Tax Agreements for various countries especially with respect to technical fees and the concept of permanent establishments
- Advising on the tax implications for the Transfer of shares and assets between companies
- Advice on several aspects of VAT liability applicable to mining and farming entities
- Advising on payment of withholding tax and levies in the tobacco industry
- Advising on data protection and privacy for non-Zimbabwean entities
We are here to help you with law questions